What is Confirmation
Confirmation: the journey to taking your Christian faith as your own.
Through confirmation students learn about and experience the Christian faith. They will be asked to practice this faith and to create new habits in their lives. Students are challenged to make a commitment to God. It is a time when they choose for themselves that God’s ways are greater than the world’s ways. This decision is not an end, but a beginning.
When does Confirmation meet?
The class begins in October and Confirmation Sunday is usually in April or early May. The classes meet at Faith Pointe on Sunday mornings from 9:00-10:00 am.
Who is Confirmation for?
Confirmation is offered beginning in the 7th grade. Parents and students may choose to wait until 8th grade but it is recommended that students complete it in their junior high years.
Comments from students in previous classes:
What I know about faith in God…
- When you believe in God you live your life like he would want you to.
- I know that God has given up a bunch for us to be in this world today.
- I know that faith in God helps me be who I am.
What I believe…
- God connects to each one of us personally in prayer.
- I believe that God is always with you even when it may not seem like it.
- I believe in miracles.
- I may not know what God holds for my future but I hope he keeps me in church learning more about His word.